Bar Manager / Supervisor
An exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading live entertainment and festival companies.
Underbelly is famous for its bars and we pride ourselves on having friendly and atmospheric bars. Underbelly currently operations 5 festivals in the UK; Underbelly at the Edinburgh Fringe, Edinburgh's Christmas, Udderbelly Festival at Southbank Centre, London Wonderground at Southbank Centre and Leicester Square Christmas. Through its production arm, Underbelly also produces and creates touring shows for the UK and European touring market.
The Bar Manager / Supervisor's role is to manager the day-to-day running of the bars at Edinburgh's Christmas from November to January.
Duties will include:
- Day-to-day running of the bars
- Daily reporting to the Underbelly's Head of Bars
- Managing a gorup of up to 40 staff, and a management team of three
- Set up of the bars for the festival and close down
- Staff training
- Ensuring all staff are happy and enthusiastic about work
- Stock control
- Money handling
- Diary management
- Ensuring sponsors requirements are met
- Responsibility for rota and submission of staff hours
The ideal candidate have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in bar management is essential ideally within a festival environment
- Must be a Scottish Personal License Holder
- Highly organised individual who is able to work within a team at all levels
- Able to think on your feet and highly confortable problem solver
- Ability to work accurately and effictively under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines, and plan and prioritise short and long-term tasks effectively
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Highly developed personal skills
- Good computer literacy, including the use of Mac, Word and Excel
- Basic understanding of H&S requirements and Environmental Health Requirements
- Tack, patience and diplomacy, in addition to infections enthusiasm.
- Although to specific qualifications are required the applicant must be able to demonstrate a good standard to literacy and numeracy.
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 pro rata, dependant on experience.
Dates: November to January
To apply please fill in the application form at:
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to contact those selected for interview.