To project manage the installation of Underbelly's on-site branding during the build periods for Edinburgh's Christmas and Edinburgh's Hogmanay.
This role will report to Underbelly's Marketing Managers. Main duties include:
- Taking responsibility for the install of all signage materials across Underbelly's Edinburgh's Christmas and Hogmanay sites.
- Managing a team of crew on site.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to establish a plan of where all signage will be installed, and carrying out that plan effectively and to deadline.
- Working from and updating a signage google document, shared with the Marketing team.
- Liaising with the printers and taking signage deliveries on-site.
- Installing signage on site during the build of each event. Please note: this will involve lifting large show boards, and the use of a drill and associated equipment.
- Instructing on-site chippies to build certain signage boards.
- Liaising with the Site Manager and all departments on site.
- Acting as the point of communication between the marketing and site teams.
- Briefing in additional last-minute signage requirements and snagging lists to the marketing team.
- Ensuring that all flyer racks are installed.
- Working with Distribution Manager to get print stocked on site.
- Acting as a Brand Guardian for Underbelly on site, ensuring all marketing materials are well presented and undamaged.
- Attending briefing meetings with the marketing team.
This job description is not exhaustive, but is provided to assist the applicant to know what their main duties would be. It may be amended from time to time in line with the demands of working in a fast-paced and dynamic company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working on-site in an event build environment.
- Good management and motivational skills.
- A good sense of humour and a proactive, positive attitude.
- An organised and reliable approach to work.
- A willingness to work flexible hours.
- Practical skills for working on site, eg. operating a drill.
Terms of employment
- The salary for the Signage Project Officer will be £400 per week, based on a five day week. Please note weekend and evening work will be required.
- This is a full-time, contract position role, working over two periods: 6 - 24 November and 18 December - 1 January.
- The role will be based on Underbelly's festival sites in central Edinburgh.
- This is a full time contract role, working 9am - 7pm every day during the build period, as required. Applicants must be willing to work on weekends as required.
- Holiday entitlement will be pro rata (the annual entitlement is 21 days).
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com