Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will Edinburgh's Christmas be going ahead in 2020?
Edinburgh's Christmas with the City of Edinburgh Council and Public Health Scotland have taken the collective and very sad decision not to go ahead as planned with this year’s Edinburgh’s Christmas sites in the city centre.
Instead, we will be taking the Christmas magic online for 2020.
2. Do you have to pay to join the online Edinburgh’s Christmas Neighbourhood Market?
No, joining the market is totally free for businesses with an EH postcode.
3. What are the criteria for those businesses looking to have a presence?
The Neighbourhood Market is for independent businesses with an EH postcode. We welcome sign-up from those that offer a product or service that would be an ideal Christmas present.
We anticipate those signing up to include arts & crafts makers and producers, fashion retailers, artisan producers and bakers, cafes & restaurants, hotels and visitor attractions.
4. What % of the businesses in the market will be local?
All businesses in the Edinburgh Christmas Neighbourhood Market will be Edinburgh-based.
5. What are the age limits for the story competition?
There is no age limit on Santa’s Advent Stories, the competition is open to all ages.
6. Is there a geographical limit for those wanting to send in stories to Santa?
Our Santa’s Advent Stories competition is for everyone within the EH postcode area.
7. Is there a theme for Santa’s Advent Stories?
We’d like people to write a story filled with festivity, fun and hope, but we don’t have a specific theme.
8. What are the terms and conditions for entering the Santa's Advent Story Competition?
The terms and conditions for entering the competition can be found by clicking here.
Please email email@example.com
For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org